Home for the final post! It had started to rain in St. John's this morning so we decided we might as well come home! The travel day was uneventful and we arrived safe and sound in Toronto slightly ahead of schedule. Andrew was there with a smile and warm greeting and it was perfectly clear that while I miss the sea and Newfoundland, living there I would miss my children (and soon grandchildren!) more.
Jeffrey and Nancy (sporting quite the baby bump now I might add) came by to cook dinner for us and share the stories from our three weeks apart. The house ... not so bad really. As long as I stay away from corners and details, they kept thing pretty shipshape while we were away. My herb garden and one of my hanging baskets are no more but hey, you can't have everything!
The vacation was incredible but we have a wonderful life blessed with the greatest family and friends here now - a powerful motivation to call Ontario home!
Thank you Maggie!! ... this hardly seems adequate for all the joy you have provided me with in sharing this blog. I was there and I still eagerly looked forward to reading about what I had done each day. I will treasure the warm Newfoundland hospitality we received on every turn during the trip. I especially enjoyed how open and generous your relatives were when we met them ... especially Grant and Ruth and of course your aunts.
ReplyDeleteMaggie, you've really inspired me -- I think that I might try to at least keep a travel diary for my next trip (something that I've never managed to stick with before). And, maybe someday, I'll even have a blog when I go on a trip exciting enough to share.
ReplyDelete