Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 10

A day of reminiscences and of realizing that sometimes even happy memories can’t do justice to the reality of revisiting! As I left today for my reunion with high school chums, I wondered briefly if I was viewing the past with rose coloured glasses. Were those times as happy as I remembered? Were those people as wonderfully fun and refreshing as I remembered? Or, as is sometimes the case, had time blurred the sharp edges of reality? In fact, I indeed discovered why I do have such happy memories … these are wonderful, warm, genuine, fun people who literally welcomed one another with open arms. True, life has had its ups and downs for us all. The group gathered today though had stood the test of time - unchanged in so many of the ways that truly matter, sharing the little pearls of memory and experience that let us piece together a story, more complete than any of us had on our own. Many of us knew something of some of those unable to be with us so that their stories were also very much a part of the day. Driving home I was very aware of how our personal story is inseparable from the people who have helped weave the fabric of our lives.

I will apologize now to those following the blog who do not share part of this story since these pictures may not be of much interest to you. But for those of you who share these memories, enjoy the day in pictures…


Linda and Colleen

Karen

Colleen and Terri Lou


Colleen


Bev, Me and Trudy



Bev



Wanda and Colleen


Wanda and Cecilia


Shirley, Me and Linda


Brenda, Karen and Me (glasses now needed by all to see old pictures)

Bev (hilarious!) Terri Lou and Brenda


Bev and Me




Bev and Cecilia

Brenda and Bev


Cecilia, Brenda, Colleen, Maggie, Karen, Linda, Bev, Trudy, Kathy, Shirley, Wanda, Terri Lou

Happy Birthday to Shirley - 50!

Cecilia's brother-in-law Brian literally swept me off my feet when he arrived! Nothing has changed with him - OK a little less hair!

Karen and me


Wanda and me

Linda and me (both standing! ... other things that haven't changed :-)



Brenda and Me

Me and Bob Alcock (my high school Phys. Ed. teacher)

Terri Lou and me

Colleeen and me

... and dear Trudy who was responsible for the whole day - bless her!

No comments:

Post a Comment